4 September 2012

Calendula... Souci... Marigold... In a soap...








This is the last soap that I made. 



This one is a long story
because I made it with marigold flowers and I had to wait for the whole
summer they're grew.











Identity

Saponified oils: Olive, coco, shea butter, cacao butter, castor oil
Superfats: Calendula / Sesame oil macerate  ( 7%)
Essential oils: Lemongrass, lavender, patchouli (3%)
Colour: Charcoal for the blue/grey, spinach powder for the yellow








I was looking after them every day, spoke with them as a real person... I know I'm crazy but I'm sure it's helped them to have this beautiful colour and to be as big as they were. Anyway, I could have an amazing orange/yellow colour with the macerate petals 

After a creativity elan and a lot of pastry soap everywhere in my kitchen, tadatada: 



Results 

The scent is gorgeous. At the beginning, the lemongrass with 58%, was over smelled but with the time it's fading and after 5 weeks, the final scent was perfect. One point which I'm disappointed about: The soap doesn't smell as strong as I wanted. I should have put more than 3% of essential oils or reduce the percentage of volatile oil and increase the middle note. But this is going to change the scent for sure. Anyway, I'm still playing with essential oil and I hope I'll be able to find the scent that I want. The one you can still smell on your skin even few hours after your shower...

An other point is the colour. I wanted a deep green colour for the middle lay. Unfortunately, with the time, spinach powder gives a pale yellow instead of the beautiful green at the beginning. 

48 hours after

5 weeks after










 

















That is the stamp that I used for the soap. A clear stamps with a clear acrylic block. We normally use this for paper craft but I had only that for alphabet stamp and finally, It's not that bad, almost clear. I did it directly after cuting the soap.




I'm very please with this soap, I'm just waiting 3 or 4 more weeks to try it. I prefer the soap with a long curing period, around 2 months, the lather is much richer and the soap is softer. But it's so hard to wait, I'm sure some of you know this frustrated period... aarrggh  

The only thing I can do, smelling them every day, hummm




No comments:

Post a Comment