13 August 2012

Hibiscus flower test


What's new here?!!!! A new soap in my curing box...


Identity: 

Saponified oils: Olive, coco, shea butter, sesame oil
Superfats: Carrot/sunflower macerated oil (5%)
Lye: Hibiscus flower soak into distilled water + Sodium hydroxide
Essential oils: None
Colour:Turmeric for the orange/peach color



Results

Let's call it a try. Have you ever tested hibicus flowers for coloring a soap? I didn't and I really wanted to see how it's worked with oil and lye.

 Hibiscus flower was soaked for one hour in distilled water


When sodium hydroxide was added to this mix, it turned into a black/brown color... Damn! I know from this moment that I could forget my red color into my soap... snif snif

Never give up, I dediced to try something else, turmeric powder, just for having a light orange for the top layer. 


Here we go! Then, I wanted to test another effect for the top, I thought about an other kind of pics and that's the result


It was very funny to make this batch because I really had no idea of what I wanted to do and it was a total improvisation.
And finally, the result isn't good at all, hi hi!! The red color for the base didn't work, the orange layer is faded and the pics almost dissapeared...

Anyway, it was a try and we can always learn from our failure. I learned that I can forget hibiscus flower for coloring soap but it's good for coloring a cream for example. Hibiscus flower have many others properties that we can use for soap:

    -  Good for eczemas
     -  In hair treatment, rehydrate the keratin fibers and treat dandruff
    -  astringent, anti-inflammatory
    -  etc...

The lather is riched and airy. The soap is a little bit too soft even after 4 weeks of curing but my skin loves it.



1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete