7 November 2012

French soap challenge



I've participated to a soap challenge on a french forum, couleur savon



About the challenge, we had to make a soap with the hanger swirl technique. It was a first try for me, I've never used this method before. And to be honest, my first attempt was quite tricky
Ok ok, I'll show you the picture, you'll see by yourself







Identity

Saponified oils: Olive, coco, grapeseed oil, cacao butter, shea butter, castor oil
Essential oils: Patchouli, Geranium, Bergamot, Myrtle
Colour: French yellow clay for the yellow, cacao powder for the brown and annatto seed powder for the orange



Results 


It's not that bad, for the hanger effect, but the colour... Look at this orange colour, make with annatto seed powder. A disaster... It bleed on the soap... 

I wanted a last orange colour, my annatto seed macerate wasn't orange enough for me, so I decided to put the raw powder into my pastry. Such a bad idea!!! It was a nightmare to dissolve it properly in the pastry and my trace started thicken. I had to be quick and that's the result. Never again I'm gonna use this powder in that way. Or maybe I should have put less powder... I have no idea

Anyway, after this, because of a light trace, I had a soda ash lay on the top of my soap. I tried to eliminate it by steaming the top. The result is ok



Before and after the steam




I separated my mold like this for the swirl



I really enjoyed to participate at this challenge. You can have a look at all the creations here, they are stunning
It push yourself forward and give you an opportunity to try new method. I can't wait for the next challenge


By the way, I'm going to France tomorrow for an organic fair, Marjolaine. I'm so happy!!! I'll be able to see a lot of cold process soap makers and their soaps. I'll take some picture for you, promise



No comments:

Post a Comment